Cleaning tips to reduce energy bills.
One of the consequences of lockdown is that as so many people have stayed at home, inevitably energy bills have increased. In
fact, some estimates suggest that household electricity usage is up by just under 40% compared with the same time last year.
So, in a bid to save energy and money, we suggest that you try using these simple tricks as a few small changes could make a big difference.
- Clear out your attic or loft and take the opportunity to check that your insulation is as effective as it can be. This will help regulate the temperature and may reduce the need for putting the heating on and consequently reduce the bills.
- Always empty the vacuum cleaner after each use and wash the filters as recommended because when they are blocked, they use more energy to compensate for reduced suction power.
- Clean the filter in your tumble drier frequently and remove any build up of lint. As with the vacuum cleaner, the less efficiently it is able to dry, the more energy it uses to compensate. It may even be worth using drier balls to reduce drying time.
- Obviously, converting to energy saving light bulbs is more economical in the long run, but making sure that any dust or cobwebs are removed can improve their efficiency too.
- Try your machine on a 30 degree wash and you might find that your clothes are just as clean, and you could use up to 40% less electricity. If it has an eco-setting, even better.
- Often overlooked is the humble radiator, but it makes sense that if the inside ducts are clean and dust free, the heat will flow more efficiently, and you’ll be able to turn them down.
- Finally, clean the oven glass so that you can check on food without letting the heat escape when you open the door.
Given that not many of us mind spending less on bills, it’s got to be worth a go.
ServiceMaster Clean provides exceptional commercial office cleaning in Cheshire, Ellesmere Port and the North West.
To discuss your cleaning requirements with our experts, please get in touch.